Ladders and stepladders can be a sensible and practical option for low-risk, shortduration tasks, whilst Mobile Elevated Working Platforms – or ‘MEWPs’ - are designed to provide a safe work platform for temporary work at height.
With this in mind, it’s essential that employees have the information necessary to enable them to plan and manage any job tasks they undertake that involve working at height with access equipment. This course will provide them with, and check their understanding of, that information.
• Details the consequence of ladder misuse
• Describes the circumstances under which a ladder or stepladder should be used
• Explains how to use ladders and stepladders safely
• List ladder inspection and maintenance requirements
• List the risk controls required in respect of MEWPs
• Anyone who works at height